Grade 6 Poetry ILT. Thoughts and feelings

Grade Six Poetry ILT

Josh Breetzke


From Wednesday the 28 February to Friday the 2 March the grade 6s participated in the Grade 6 Poetry ILT.

What is Poetry? 

Poetry is when a poet writes his thoughts or feelings in the form of a poem.

Why Do People Write Poetry?

People write poetry to express their thoughts or feelings in writing. It is easier to express feelings in poetry because if you want no one to know you wrote it you can write it anonymously.

What Did We Do In The ILT?

During the ILT we had to do six tasks which include, A choral verse (Class), Drawing a picture inspired by poetry (Individual), A movie on poetry terminology (Group), Analyzing poetry (Individual), Poetry Slam (Group) and a blackout poem.


What Were My Personal Best And Worst Activities?

My best was either the poetry slam or the terminology movie. They both took a lot of effort but payed off. My worst would be the analyzing poetry. It was very boring. The poem I analyzed was very good though.

What Was The Most Challenging Activity?

The terminology movie, at first the movie we made didn't look nice so we scrapped it and made a movie with cool green screen effects.

How Did I feel About Performing For Others?

I felt totally comfortable with it. I don't mind performing in front of others. It is fun to perform in front of others.

What New Words did I Learn?


During our terminology video I learnt a lot of new vocab including, rhyme and rhyming schemes, onomatopoeia, consonance, assonance, figurative language, literal language and analogy.

What Did I Learn About Me?

I learnt I have a bigger appreciation for poetry than I thought I had. I also learnt I enjoy performing poetry and it gives my a nice feeling after performing.


My Shadow, by Robert Louis Stevenson.












Comments

  1. Dear Josh
    I also love My shadow by Robert Louis Stevenson , I love it because of the mysterious and ominous feeling you get from reading it!

    Kind regards
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Josh
    You have given a lot of info and its easy to read, well done.
    From Matthew

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment